Canadian Experience Class

Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration program that allows individuals who have worked in Canada for at least one year to immigrate permanently. CEC is a part of Canada’s Express Entry immigration system.

The government of Canada recognizes the deep pool of talented workers already working in Canada, and wants them to become permanent residents. These are individuals and families who have set down roots and made plans for the future in Canada.

Canadian Experience Class - How to apply

Let’s look at the process — from getting to Canada as a worker, to getting your Permanent Resident (PR) card.

Having the right to work in Canada is an important prerequisite under this program. For some people, such as those eligible under the International Experience Canada (IEC) program or the spouse/common-law partner of an international student or foreign worker in Canada, an open work permit may be an option. For others, an employer-specific (‘closed’) work permit may be issued. Examples of closed work permits include those issued with a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and Intra-Company transfers.

Spoken English

Book appointment with Licensed, Regulated Immigration Consultants