Study Permit Extension

Study Permit Extension

The expiry date on your study permit tells you when you have to stop studying and leave Canada.

You can find the expiry date in the top right corner of your permit. This date is usually the length of your study program, plus 90 days. The extra 90 days gives you time to prepare to leave Canada or to extend your stay in Canada.

If you want to keep studying

You need to extend your study permit. To extend your study permit, you need to know:

When to apply
Including what to do if your studies end early or late or your permit has expired

How to apply
Including what you need to apply online, instruction guide and how to apply online

What happens if you travel outside Canada
Including documents you need to re-enter Canada

If your study permit expires, and you haven’t applied for an extension, you must leave Canada.

If you want to stay in Canada but you’re no longer studying
You have a few options:
  apply for a work permit, if you finished studying and are eligible
  apply to change your status and stay in Canada as a visitor or
  leave Canada
Spoken English

Book appointment with Licensed, Regulated Immigration Consultants